IT’S MY BIRTHDAY SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO POST A LIST OF BOOKISH ASPIRATIONS AND
WHY AM I TYPING IN CAPS??
Some of you may have noticed that I have recently added a Goodreads widget to my blog. Now, Goodreads is not something I am very good at using consistently. The one year I set myself a reading for the year target I failed it basically because I forgot to mark a book as ‘read’ after I finished it. I also constantly forget to rate books and marking them as currently reading. Bottom line, I’m just hopelessly hopeless at Goodreads. I’m sorry!
I suppose now that you’ve read that, you’re probably wondering why on earth I have bothered adding a Goodreads widget to my blog? Well, I am going to try and get into a routine of using Goodread. Hopefully sooner rather than later I’ll get used to it and stop forgetting!
It’s really annoying you see because I have absolutely zero clue what number of books I’ve read this year, all because I’m to lazy to keep track!
I want to try an get better though and so I am going to set myself a couple of goals for the month of October and 2018. Hopefully I can look back on this contract like goals and actually do everything it tells me to!
- In 2018 you must set yourself a reading goal and not forget to update it.
- Beginning from October you must rate books on Goodreads.
- You must add books to your ‘want to read’ shelves. This is a win win really because you’ll be completing your goal and you will remember some books you want to read!
- You must actually download the Goodreads app.
- You should also begin to transfer reviews from your blog over to Goodreads.
- And finally, YOU MUST REMEMBER YOU HAVE GOODREADS
I am most definitely going to forget about this… So here is my Goodreads contract, I’m sure I’ll do great!
I want to know your thoughts! Are you a religious Goodreads user or are you a slacker like me?