Life has been pretty busy lately and every sentence seems to end with coursework or science repeats. But among all the craziness that is school life I have some things which I have been looking forward to and some pretty cool things have happened to me.
The first thing is DeptCon is practically upon us and I don’t think I need to explain how excited I am for that.
Secondly I have been nominated and shortlisted for an award which really really really excited. I have been shortlisted for two reasons one of which is music (I play four instruments!) but the other reason is creative writing!
I am part of a creative writing network which meets monthly and a couple of months a go I was given the opportunity of contributing a piece of poetry or prose to an anthology. So I contributed an extremely short (the world limit was 500 words!) piece of prose titled The Midnight Musical. I wanted to combine my love of music with writing and so I wrote about girls’ discovery of her very own dream. The anthology is titled Live Here Awhile and although you can’t walk into a shop and buy it, it has been published!
Now it is without a doubt an absolute honour to even be nominated never mind shortlisted for any sort of award but it would be so amazing to win. That’s why I want to ask your help because without it I can’t win. Every vote can and will make a difference and if you were to vote for me I would be so so thankful! So read the information and click the link below, I promise it will take two seconds of your time!
- I have been shortlisted for an ‘Inspirational Youth of the West 2017’ award.
- I am listed under ‘Inspirational Educational Endeavour’ (pretty weird name, I know!)
- Make sure you select Niamh O’Donnell to vote for me!
- You can vote once a day per IP address.
- If you really want to help me out I would love it if you could ask your friends, family or maybe send out a tweet to spread the word. I am so grateful for all your help!
- So here is the link again: http://belfastmediagroup.com/youthawards/
Once again I am so so thankful for anything you can do. To win would be fantastic and a first for me (since I never win anything) but I know I have done great to get this far!
THANK YOU! 🙂